2024 Creative and Performing Arts Scholarships (Closed)
Korowal School welcomes current students and new applicants who model our school values to apply. This scholarship is open to current and new students entering Year 7 2024 or Year 10 2024 and supports the development of talents in the creative and performing arts. This scholarship programme aims to strengthen and enhance the creativity the school is renowned for. The duration of the scholarship for Year 7 is for four years (Years 7, 8, 9 and 10) and the Year 10 scholarship is for three years (Years 10, 11, and 12). We will be offering scholarships with up to 25% fee reduction (to be determined on an individual basis).
In applying for a scholarship, applicants are expected to fulfil the following criteria:
- How they exemplify Korowal’s ethos, values and practices.
- A particular creative passion and interest that they wish to pursue at Korowal.
- A commitment to serving their community.
- How a Korowal education can make a difference to their life and their community.
Applicants are invited to submit the following parts of the application, each of which will demonstrate how they exemplify the above qualities:
- PART 1. Personal Information
- PART 2. School records (Current Korowal students do not need to submit
- PART 3. Personal statement
- PART 4. A letter of recommendation from an external community member (e.g.
- dance/music teacher, someone who knows your passions).
- PART 5. A letter of recommendation from a teacher who knows you well.
- PART 6. A portfolio (4-6 pieces) of work that demonstrates your creativity or music audition of 20 minutes for shortlisted candidates.
Application Process - please download application forms here
Parts 1-6 are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, May 16, 2022.
Applicants will then be invited to attend an interview with the Principal, Deputy Principal and/or Stage Advisor.
The applications will be reviewed by the School Executive.
Applicants (successful and unsuccessful) will be notiﬁed following the interview.
The regular enrolment process would then proceed for the successful candidate/s. This includes interviews with the Year Mentor and completion of all enrolment paperwork, policies and procedures. The receipt of a Korowal Scholarship is dependent on completion and acceptance of the enrolment process.